Missionshauskirche Mission House Church in St. Wendel

    Father Arnold Janssen founded the Mission Society of the Steyler Missionaries in St. Wendel in 1898 and subsequently the Mission House was built. The complex also houses the Ethnological Museum, the Mission Bookshop and the Mission House Church.

    The Mission House Church has the shape of a cross. The 36-metre-high crossing tower, which rises from the three-aisled church, is remarkable. The interior decoration is in late Romanesque style. The mighty triumphal cross hangs from the choir arch and the numerous stained glass windows impress with their colour and design. Wendelinushof farm with its livestock farming, workshops for the disabled, plant nursery with garden centre, restaurant and shop for regional products is also part of the Mission House. The small Lourdes Grotto and cemetery of the Fathers can be found close by.

    Address

    Missionshausstraße 50
    66606 St. Wendel

    Further information

    Missionshaus St. Wendel
    Missionshausstraße 50
    66606 St. Wendel
    Phone: +49 6851 805-220

    Opening hours

    All year round from 6 am to 8 pm

    back